Sunday, November 25, 2007

The Replacements

I've come to realize that my life here in New York is similar to Cleveland in a few ways, I have just "replaced" a few things

The Replaceables:

Instead of Bruno's I have The Coral, the food and service is NOTHING like Bruno's, but that it is right by my place and I go there the same night each week (such a creature of habit)



Instead of I-90 I have "The 1 train" ...everyone knows I cannot get anywhere the same way twice if it's not along 90, it's the same here, if I can't get there on the 1, I can't get there, well, atleast not without some creative detours



Instead of a bag of cheez its every morning at work, I eat scrambled eggs with tabasco and 2 sausage links

Instead of going through a drive thru for dinner, I stop for a slice

Instead of BW3's NTN trivia, Tuesday night team trivia at an irish pub, complete with name that song

Instead of the public square tree it's the rockefeller tree

Instead of jaeger bombs, ummm, nothing, I just don't do hard liquor anymore

Instead of sassy leather boots, rain boots with cute designs and leather boots that no longer have heals

Instead of lugging my laundry 3 floors I lug it three blocks

Instead of my mom's great turkey dinner and a day of forensic files with my dad, a night at a seminary cooking the same meal for those that couldn't afford to make it themselves....


The Irreplaceables:

You.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING AND ALL OF MY LOVE







1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We miss you too!