Saturday, October 6, 2007

Damn Yankees

10/6/07
So the hardest thing about this change hasn't been the cost, the schleping of bags to and fro or the fact that I have no permanent place to live...the hardest thing has been trying to openly route for the Indians in a room full of haters. Thursday's game wasn't so bad because there were other tribe fans in the bar, but last night, after they got their asses kicked on Thu, fans were not so understanding. For the majority of the game I was the only Cleveland fan in the bar (my friend Helen later joined me), I must admit that in the beginning, I was pretty quiet. But, after a couple bottles of liquid courage I was making Cleveland proud. For the most part, Yankee fans were polite and some even bought me a beer, but after they lost, well, the bar was quiet and they all went home with their heads down....it was beautiful...

No comments: